Monday, August 7, 2023

Work & Play

Last week Mattel announced a plan to hire someone to play with one of their properties.

 

If you guessed Barbie, well you guessed wrong.  And I was disappointed. The idea of being paid to play with Barbie sounded like a good idea to me.  Although I might be a bit too old for the job.

 

When I was a kid, I could play with Barbie all day long. Now, maybe a couple of hours tops.

 

Now you might be wondering, “Gee, Dave-El, you had a Barbie?”

 

OK, I had a GI Joe and yes, somehow, I had a Barbie too because GI Joe has needs and Barbie needed a real man unlike that poof Ken. 

 

Yes, my play time was weird.



 

Anyway, Mattel is not paying people to play with Barbie but they will pay some lucky person to play UNO. 

 

Well, not the UNO game you know but some new product called UNO QUATRO.  

 

The number “4” pops up in this pitch a lot:

  • The job last 4 weeks.
  • The player will play the game 4 days of each week.
  • And will play 4 hours each day,
  • And will get paid $4,444 a week 

 Great work if you can get it.  

 

The deadline to apply is August 10th and the gig starts in September in New York City.  


I wonder, should I apply "4" this be"4" it's too late?


Even if Barbie is not involved?  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday TV Touchbase: Ghosts

  Ghosts wrapped up it's 3rd season last week. In a strike shortened season with only 10 episodes, a lot of ground still got covered.  ...