Monday, September 25, 2023

Doctor Who Is (Going To Be) NEW!: The 60th Anniversary Specials

Well, it's been a minute since we posted ANY Doctor Who stuff on this blog.

Back in the day, I used to have 1 or even 2 posts a week about Doctor Who.

Anyway, Saturday saw the release of the official trailer for the 

Doctor Who 60th Anniversary Specials! 


There is still no information on dates but I am hoping all 3 of the specials are not released on the same day.  

The actual date of the 60th anniversary is November 23rd and I would expect we will see either the launch of the 1st of the 3 specials on that date or the culmination of the 3 specials with the 3rd released on that date.  

I thought of a cool way to acknowledge the 13th Doctor. You know how the TARDIS has an emergency hologram of the Doctor to alert against intruders and that sort of the thing. I think it would be a really clever idea if that alert goes off and it's still set for Jodie Whitaker's Doctor.   

Good to see we're getting Kate Letheridge-Stewart as a guest which gives a great bridge to previous Doctors. Since these specials will mark the debut of Doctor Who on Disney+, we need to get the new fans in the Mouse House up to speed.  

Neil Patrick Harris is sinister as hell and I can't wait to see what nefarious character is going to be. (Right now the even money in the fandom he's going to be the Celestial Toymaker. I hope he's not going to be yet another iteration of the Master.)  

EDIT: Neil Patrick Harris has confirmed he is the Celestial Toymaker!) 

It seems Donna Noble will recover her lost memories and will be ready to kick some ass! I am so looking forward to Donna's return. 

The overall look of the trailer looks sleek like someone's got some serious Disney money to play with.   

We've got about 2 months before the Disney+ debut of Doctor Who

And looks like it's gonna be awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Sushi

Last week, I had my first sushi. While Andrea and I were out of town for our son's graduation from college, we took him and two of his f...