Saturday, September 9, 2023

Songs For Saturday: Jimmy Buffett

 



Last week Jimmy Buffett died at the age of 76.   

So this week's Songs For Saturday is in tribute to this legendary musician. 

No play list for Jimmy Buffett would be complete without his signature tune,  "Margaritaville"   



Coming up next is perhaps my favorite Jimmy Buffett ballad, "Come Monday".    


Here's is Jimmy Buffett's ode to my favorite food, "Cheeseburger in Paradise".  


Last Friday, Andrea and I were returning home from dinner when I became aware of a song refrain repeating in my head.

I wondered, "Why is Jimmy Buffett's Volcano song stuck in my head?"  

This is from a benefit concert held on 15 September 1997 at the Royal Albert Hall to raise funds for the Caribbean island of Montserrat after a major volcanic eruption earlier that year.   Here is Jimmy Buffett with "I Don't Know Where I'm Gonna Go When the Volcano Blows".   


God bless you, Jimmy Buffett and rest in peace. 

And that is that for this week's Songs For Saturday.

Until next time, remember to be good to one another and to always keep the music alive.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Sushi

Last week, I had my first sushi. While Andrea and I were out of town for our son's graduation from college, we took him and two of his f...