Monday, August 28, 2017

Harvey: A Couple of Ways To Help

Today is Monday. This morning, I meet with my surgeon to get my stitches taken out of my left arm and get my butt back to work after more than a week off.

Meanwhile, a big chunk of Texas is still dealing with Tropical Storm Harvey which continues to drop plenty of rain on regions of the state still underwater beginning when Harvey slammed into Texas as a Category 4 hurricane a couple of days ago.  

If you're looking to offer support to help the devastated people of Texas, there are a couple of optios. Over on News From ME, Mark Evanier suggests Operation USA which is a charity Mark knows to do very good work. Mark notes that "only a tiny fraction of what you give them goes to administrative costs and staff salaries…and I'm not suggesting there aren't other charities where most of your donation dollars don't make it to the needy. But when I give to Operation U.S.A., I know I'm not paying for its CEO's shag carpeting."

And on Twitter, former President Obama offers this course of action to prove aid to those people in need.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: Ncuti Gatwa Explains Doctor Who

Well, we're getting closer now.  Next Friday on Disney+, we're going to get not one but TWO all new episodes of Doctor Who . Your Fr...