Sunday, March 8, 2015

Doctor Who: The Doctor Who Was Not There

Soooooo...

A couple of weeks ago, I posted that I would be starting another Doctor Who fan fiction, a story called The Crucible of Eternity. And said story would be starting, well, now, today, March 8th.

Anyway it's not here. What's up with that?

First of all, episode one is written... ish. And under normal circumstances, it would've been more than "ish" but the last week especially was a strain on what I would define as normal circumstances. I work in a financial services company and I've really been behind the ol' 8-ball on quite a few projects. Where I might take a few minutes during my lunch to write non-work stuff (like my Doctor Who stories), my entire day from start to finish has been solid wall-to-wall work for the past week.

And next week isn't looking much better.

I'm also going to blame actually doing yard work, Saturday night's Duke/UNC game (Yay, Duuuuuke!) and the time change (losing an hour sucks!). 

Also Belgium. Because, why not? 

So I'm bumping the debut episode of The Crucible of Eternity by two weeks. 

By the way, I refer to these installments as "episodes" since I write my Doctor Who stories as scripts instead of prose. Partly because I'm thinking of my stories in a visual context like they're actual episodes of Doctor Who. But also because I don't have a lot of time. Writing stories as scripts saves me considerable time having to describe things, use adjectives and come up with different ways to write "The Doctor said". 

Anyway, what is The Crucible of Eternity about? Well, here's what I can tell you:

  • It features the 12th Doctor.
  • It is a follow up to the stories I posted last year, Time of the Dominion and The Son of the Master.
  • Clara's in it. 
  • So is the Master. Well, Missy but I prefer to call her the Master. 
  • Cybermen, too! 
  • A bunch of guest stars in episode one, various friends and former companions of the Doctor.
  • And fair warning: there is a ridiculous amount of dying in the first episode. 

More than that I don't want to say other than I really think it's going to be epic! 

Epic fail, maybe, but epic nonetheless. 

Thanks for your patience with my babbling today. Y'all be good to one another and I'll see you back here tomorrow. 

Dave-El 
I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday TV Touchbase: Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV

Andrea and I finished up the documentary series Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV   .  The 5 episode series chronicles the lives of chi...