Monday, March 2, 2015

Lightning Round!

Quick thoughts on this, that and the other.

William Shatner's getting grief for not attending Leonard Nimoy's funeral because of a prior commitment in Florida the night before. On one hand, not sure why Shatner couldn't take a red eye back to LA after the thing in Florida. On the other hand, who am I to judge? I've actively avoided most funerals for most of my life. 

Winter's not done with us yet. The front steps and walkway of the El Family Fortress of Ineptitude on Sunday morning were slicker that a politician's promises. (Very slick, in case you don't get that.) Freezing rain and sleet fell Sunday and the snow we got last week is still out there.  By the way, here are daytime highs for the next 4 days: 

  • Monday: 60
  • Tuesday: 35
  • Wednesday: 60
  • Thursday: 35

Yeah I feel like a damn yo-yo. Do you know railroad tracks buckle under extreme shifts of temperature? If iron rails of a railroad can't take this kind of thing, imagine what it does to people. 

I have not had a chance to catch up on this weekend's Saturday Night Live hosted by Dakota Johnson. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say there were jokes about 50 Shades of Grey. And speaking of that "movie", it was good to see it get knocked out by a new picture from Will Smith. Remember when that was a fun thing, Will Smith in a movie? Word on this new movie called Focus, it doesn't entirely suck and that's mostly due to Will Smith's performance which did not involve whipping his naked co-star. So there's that.  

Speaking of movies, the El family left our Fortress a week ago to go see that destined to be a classic motion picture that will undoubtedly be shamefully ignored come the next awards season. And I am referring, of course, to Spongebob Squarepants: Sponge Out of Water. This movie had a time travelling space dolphin with magic powers. All other movies have no reason to exist. Hey, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, do you have a time travelling space dolphin with magic powers? No, I didn't think so. Go back to sleep. Avengers: Age of Ultra, you better not be lacking a time travelling space dolphin with magic powers. All movies should have one. Boyhood would've beaten Birdman at the Oscars if it had a time travelling space dolphin with magic powers.

Hey, speaking of time travelling space dolphins with magic powers, Jeb Bush spoke to the CPAC convention this week and damn, you thought the weather outside was chilly. Apparently, Jeb made the mistake of saying things that sounded like they might actually make sense and be pronounced correctly. The Tea Party nutcases at CPAC won't have any of that. Sounds too much like Obama. The best polling numbers for a GOP candidate for President belong to that guy from Duck Dynasty. You know, the one with the beard. No, the other one with the beard. No, the other other one with...oh, never mind. 

So that's all I have for today. I haven't talked comics here in a while so I have blogs coming up about the Batman vs. Joker Endgame, Multiversity with the cool comics I want to exist so badly and Aquaman for no particularly good reason. 

And for my fellow Doctor Who fans, Sunday begins Episode 1 of a new fan fiction with the 12th Doctor. It's called The Crucible of Eternity and fair warning, it begins with violence. Way too much violence. (Oh, what AM I up to?)  

Until next time, be good to one another and I hope you can find you're own time travelling space dolphin with magic powers. 

Dave-El
I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My DMV Adventure

First of all, sorry about yesterday's posts. My birthday rarely yields a celebratory feeling from me but one mostly of a deeply depresse...