Wednesday, March 24, 2021

A Step Towards the Future

Sunday afternoon, my wife Andrea and I departed the Fortress of Ineptitude to make a big step towards the future. 

We each had appointments to arrive at Four Seasons Mall at 5:00 PM to get our first vaccine shot. 

As we approached the mall, there were lighted signs telling me where to go, where to turn and where to park. 

As we entered the mall, helpful people in yellow vests guided us along the route to the former Dillards store where the FEMA vaccine distribution center had been established. 

The center was staffed by medical officers with the US Army who were consistently patient, courteous and professional throughout the whole process. 

Andrea and I were in our respective seats at 5:00 PM on the dot. The medic who administered my shot had a veritable magic touch. I barely felt the needle go in my arm. Andrea reported a similar experience with her shot. 

We waited for a quarter of an hour to make sure there were no immediate effects. There were none and we were free to go. 

Immediately after our shot, Andrea and I were given cards that not only confirmed we had received a shot but included our appointment for our 2nd shot in three weeks.  

As we left the mall, we received text messages confirming our next appointment.

Wow! I wish more things in life worked this well. Kudos to FEMA, the US Army and I guess the fine folks who run Four Seasons Mall. 

By the way, the mall was bustling with more traffic than just those arriving for their COVID 19 vaccine shots. A lot of stores in the mall were filled with customers. 

The process to get the vaccine shot was smooth, effortless and involved no waiting to get the shot. 

There was, however, a very long line at the Cinnabon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

News of the World: Storms and War and Other Things

Over the weekend, really bad weather hit the mid west United States with tornadoes.  A LOT of tornadoes. And VERY BIG tornadoes.  One really...