Wednesday, March 3, 2021

The I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You Anniversary Spectacular!!! (Spoiler: Very Much Lacking the Spectacular)

It began innocently enough on   Saturday, March 2, 2013

"Hi! Welcome to my blog!"

Yesterday marked 8 years gone since that innocent beginning. 

8 years of I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You!  

Today we gather to celebrate I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You. Or to bury it. 

Your mileage may vary. 

(Click on the music and continue reading.) 


Looking at posts from that first month in March 2013 certainly begs the question, what the hell was I doing?

Doctor Who is NEW: "The Bells of Saint John"

Wow! Matt Smith was still the Doctor?

And Now A Word From Our Sponsor

A recurring feature where an entire blog post was dedicated to the commercial message of ostensibly a sponsor of this blog. My favorites were for Plain White Unmarked Van Emporium. 

"For whatever God forsaken, illegal, unethical, misguided thing you're gonna do, you're gonna need a van!"  

SEX! Tales of the STRANGE and the PERVERSE!

If you can conceive of it, it can be made into a kink. 
For example, the love of a woman for her garbage disposal.



Hey, Kids! Politics: Top 10 GOP Sequester Solutions

Yes, even then, politics sullied the crystal clear waters of 
I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You Lake.  

In the early years, there was more of a mad cap randomness to this blog. 

It Came Through Bruce Wayne's Window. 

Each week, different shit flew threw Bruce Wayne's window, changing his destiny as a crime fighter. 

"A giraffe! It's a sign! I shall become a giraffe!" 

The Adventures of Nok-Nok, the Interrupting Cow.
8 damn weeks of variations on this knock-knock joke.

Knock-knock!
Who's there?
The interrupting cow!
The interrupt---
MOO!

8 damn weeks! 

The Internet Is For Corn.
For about two months, I made corn pervy! 

I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You in recent years has become less stupid.

I want to feel the stupid again!



These days, I tend to run a more structured ship with three days of the week specified for music (Songs For Saturday), movies (Cinema Sunday) and TV (Tuesday TV Touchbase).  

Even with the other four days of the week being opened for anything, I tend to pontificate on politics more than I anticipated I would.  But I have determined that even in my small, inconsequential corner of the internet, I will document what appears to be inevitable disintegration of the American body politic and the erosion of the grand American democratic experiment.  

If in the future when we're living on rats in the wild and I wonder how the hell did we get here, I will have a record, my personal account of our slide into chaos and anarchy. 

And the reason for our descent slide into chaos and anarchy will be that Ted Cruz is a lying fuck bastard. 

Repeat after me: Ted Cruz is a lying fuck bastard! 

Ted Cruz is a lying fuck bastard! 

Amen.

Amen! 

I will have also documented Kimberly Guilfoyle's legs which still remains the most frequently viewed posts in the 8 year history of I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You . 

I never promised I had standards. 

Never the less, I will apologize for the posts about Kimberly Guilfoyle's legs. 

But hell, they get eyeballs to this damn blog. 



I regret nothing! 

On the occasion of the eighth anniversary of I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You, I should thank some people. 

My daughter Randie, the subject of many a blog post and who wrote a few of them as well. She is my most loyal reader and thoughtful critic. And by "thoughtful critic", she finds all the misspellings.  

My wife Andrea who is gracious enough to accept "sorry, I got to write something for my blog" as a legitimate excuse. 

Mike Sterling who's own superior blog has name checked and linked to 'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You.  

The perverts who come here for the Kimberly Guilfoyle posts. 


I REGRET NOTHING!!!!



Well, that is as they say is that.  

8 years of I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You? You would of thunk it! 

If you're reading this, thanks for reading.

If you're not reading this, keep up the good work.

And always remember to be good to one another.   




No comments:

Post a Comment

Doctor Who Is CLASSIC: Kinda

Today is another installment of my semi regular series of posts, Doctor Who Is CLASSIC !   This is where I post about episodes from the clas...