Saturday, March 27, 2021

Songs For Saturday: Black Eyed Peas, Fergie and U2

 


Today's Songs For Saturday falls on March 27th which is the birthday of Stacy Ann Ferguson, better known as simply Fergie.  

Fergie was a member of the Black Eyed Peas who released their mega hit "I Gotta Feeling" back in 2009. It was a infectious and blood pumping party anthem and after it spent 14 consecutive weeks atop the Billboard Hot 100 in 2009, I was sick of it. 

11 years later and I am quite surprised to find the song still holds up and I find myself enjoying this once more. 



Now I am shocked as hell to be posting this next track to this week's Songs For Saturday.  On one hand, "Fergalicious" reminds me of an article explaining how microwave ovens work playing music so stupid that only food can hear it. In a way, "Fergalicious" is just that stupid. 

But damn if I don't enjoy listening to it with it's fast-paced rhythms and Fergie turning her name into a word and making a song out of it. 

It's time for Fergie to get "Fergalicious", yo! 



Wrapping up our salute to Fergie is this live performance from U2 with their cover of "Gimme Shelter" by the Rolling Stones. Mick Jagger swaggers in as only Mick Jagger can swagger while Fergie shreds the female solo.


OK, that brings us to the end of another Songs For Saturday. Remember to be good to one another, always keep the music alive and be Fergalicious.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doctor Who Is CLASSIC: Kinda

Today is another installment of my semi regular series of posts, Doctor Who Is CLASSIC !   This is where I post about episodes from the clas...