Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Movie Buff Who Is Also A Bad Speller

Hi there! Dave-El here and welcome to I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You, the blog that is nearly free of rickets.  

For the last four weeks, I've been posting a series called DC Comics and Me as I look at my time as a comic book reader, especially of DC Comics. This stimulating mind-numbingly boring topic will resume next week. Right now I'm in one of those "grabbing at things randomly for blog post ideas" modes. (As if yesterday's "Everything Is Awesome" post didn't make that blatantly obvious.) 

Today, I reach out to my Twitter account (which can be found here) for some random Tweets I made on a very random subject.  

It all stemmed from a rather silly conversation I was having with my daughter. She had a particularly bad day at school and so I did the best thing I can do which was to make a total goofball of myself to make her laugh. 

Well, we have to play to our strengths. 

So the subject was, "What if someone who needed to say the word BRAIN kept saying or spelling it as BRIAN?" 

I'm not one to let good material go to waste. Actually, I'm not one to let ANY material go to waste. So some of that silly conversation became a bit I called, "The Movie Buff Who Is Also A Bad Speller" where I posted a series of Tweets of movie titles which include the word BRAIN and...OK, you can see where this is going. Hell, Stevie Wonder can see where this is going. 

So a silly conversation became of a series of Tweets which today becomes a blog post. 

Yay, recycling! 

Let's do this thing! 

_________________________

And now the Movie Buff Who Is Also A Bad Speller looks at movies with the word "brain" in the title. 

The Steve Martin comedy The Man With Two Brians

The 1962 horror classic, The Brian That Wouldn't Die

From 1953: Donovan's Brian

Who could forget this classic film: They Saved Hitler's Brian

Sadly, Natalie Wood's last film appearance was in the 1983 movie, Brianstorm

The Movie Buff Who Is Also A Bad Speller has discovered this 1965 Japanese sci-fi film, The Evil Brian From Outer Space.

Join the Movie Buff Who Is Also A Bad Speller next time as he looks at Brain's Song and Monty Python's The Life of Brain.

_________________________

This is one of those "you had to be there" things to...well, I WAS there and yeah, it's not getting any funnier.

Maybe if I had also tossed in bits about Pinky and the Brian or how zombies in horror films are out to consume human Brians or...

No, wouldn't help.

_________________________

Coming up on the blog: 

Tomorrow sees the RETURN of The Adventures of Knock-Knock, the Interrupting Cow!

Friday we have an ALL NEW edition of bROkEN nEWs!

The day after that is Doctor Who Saturday and the conclusion of the fan fiction thingy, All Roads Lead to Trenzalore

Sunday is another appearance of This (Non) Sporting Life, the blog post about sports from a guy who knows nothing about sports.

And more surprises! (They'll be a surprise to me as I haven't thought of what I'll post about yet.) 

But time will come 'round again to next Wednesday and the return of DC Comics and Me and the spotlight turns to....BATMAN! 

Take care, y'all! And be good to one another. 

Nope, still not funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ready To Launch

  Andrea and I ventured forth from the Fortress of Ineptitude last week to attend the graduation of our son Dean. Dean had selected for thei...