Friday, July 10, 2015

How To Make a Movie Less Romantic And Other Musings Of A Romanticish Nature

Hi there! Welcome to I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You. I'm Dave-El and betcha by golly wow, I'm the one you've been waiting for forever.

Today's posts is taken from my Twitter (which can be found here) where I posted some Tweets on the hashtag
 . So if you didn't read 'em over there, I've brought them together in one handy-dandy package to not be read over here. 

So here we go! 10 (Yes, TEN!!) ways to make a movie less romantic.
  1. Mr. T & the Women ("I pity the fool that don't respect a woman's hoo-hah!"
  2. While You Were Peeing 
  3. How To Lose An Eye In 10 Days 
  4. Bearfoot In the Park 
  5. An Officer And A Slenderman 
  6. How Stella Got Her Goose Back 
  7. Gout Of Africa 
  8. Sleeveless In Seattle 
  9. An Affair To Dismember 
  10. Rotting Hill ("I'm just a girl standing in front of a zombie, asking him-" "BRAINS!" *Chomp!!*)   
__________________________________

On the subject of romance and the death there of, I'm still bummed by the announcement last week that Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner were getting divorced. Apparently things began to fall apart when Jennifer realized, "Hey, Matt Damon is the other guy?" Meanwhile, I'm not sure Ben's new relationship is very healthy. 



No, not that one.

This one.



Hope those two crazy kids can work out just how they feel about each other.  I hate to see Ben's heart get broken again so soon.  

_________________________________

Apparently Ariana Grande is no longer in love with America.

Or is it doughnuts? 

American doughnuts? 

It's all a big of a mess with Ariana licking doughnuts and bad mouthing America in the process. What was really embarrassing was Jennette McCurdy was working the register at the doughnut shop.* 

*Was that mean? Just a little bit, Dave-El. Just a little bit.   



























And if anyone out there pegged Ariana's next romance would be with 51 year old actor Rob Lowe, well, I hate to break it to you....


But no.

__________________________________

From romance to bromance, we got a sneak peek at the Sherlock Christmas special which transplants the modern take on Sherlock Holmes back to its Victorian origins. So it looks like Martin Freeman's rocking the facial hair while Benedict Cumberbatch has a more manicured 'do than the usually wavy locks he sports as the modern day Sherlock. 



I can't wait to see what the Johnlock shippers make of this. You know, actually, I can wait.  

I wonder if this will spark a handlebar mustache craze for the 21st Century's hipster youth. 

___________________________ 

OK, this was a bizarre mish-mash of a blog post. Well, that tends to happen when the writer of this blog (that would be me) really needs to catch up on some sleep. 

So let me see what I can do about that. In the meantime, be good to one another and love one another right now. 

I mean it! Love one another! RIGHT NOW, DAMMIT! 

See ya back here tomorrow.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: It's a Beavis & Butthead Renaissance

  This image below has been making the rounds on social media following this past weekend's Saturday Night Live. It's Mikey Day and ...