Friday, January 13, 2017

Blog Bidness


Hi there! I want to talk about the blog for a moment if I may.  

In 2016, I posted 394 times here at I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You which makes for the highest total of posts in a single year since I launched the blog in 2013. 

Also in December 2016, I posted 45 times which ties the record for most posts in a single month; the other month was March 2013 when I launched the blog. I was so giddy over my new found toy that first month. 

And since January 1st 2015, I have posted at least once every day. Counting today's post, that is 744 consecutive days of some damn thing or another appearing on this blog. 

YAY, ME! 

As silly as this little exercise is, it must mean something for me to keep doing this. And I intend to keep doing so. 

But a bit of a heads up...

As I have documented on this blog, my mother has been in declining health due to Alzheimer's. Unfortunately, there is nowhere to go with this disease except down. The only thing can change is the speed of that downward progression. And sadly of late, that progression seems to be moving faster.  She is much weaker physically and her mental cognitive functions are definitely declining.  

I can't say I don't know what the future holds because I do. I just don't know when. But of late, it is clear that my mother is far closer to the end of her journey than she was before.  

This blog serves as a distraction from that and other pressures of life but there comes a time when those pressures cannot be avoided. We're not quite there yet. But we may be getting there soon. 

So...


I've prepped a series of posts of in advance on the completely random topic of lyrics to ABBA songs. Yes, ABBA. Why? Why not?

I have one scheduled to go live on the blog tomorrow. After that, these posts will appear whenever I am otherwise detained from posting to this forum. 

So if you see this...




Enjoy. Learn a little about Sweden's #1 pop music export and learn a little Swedish too while you're at it. 

But also know that my thoughts and attention are elsewhere for that day and I would be most grateful for your thoughts and prayers for my mother and my family. 

Thanks for reading and until next time, remember to be good to one another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Bidness: Down Time

"Blog bidness"? Uh oh!  It's a blog post about the blog.  That's never good.   I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You wil...