Friday, January 27, 2017

If You've Come This Far...

Hi there. 

Dave-El here and maybe you are too, who knows? 

Yes, after 9 (yes, count them, NINE!) days of ABBA lyrics, I don't blame if you've moved on. 

Here's the thing:  It's after midnight on January 6th as I write this part. Another day closer to certain ends I would rather not face up to. 

As I've written on the blog before it got taken over by Sweden's #1 pop music export, I've shared some stuff about my mom and her battle with Alzheimer's. To be honest, it's not much of a battle at this point. The call I received today indicates a rapidly deteriorating situation. 

I've seen this before, with my wife's grandfather and her mother. The end creeps up slowly, then it pounces. You know its coming and it catches you off guard none the less. 

I know I'm not prepared.  

So I do what I do best: I deflect. I indulge in the silly, the random. I pull together nine posts about ABBA song lyrics. Why? Because I don't break the streak: a post every single day since January 1st, 2015. 

It is a silly goal. It is an admittedly a frivolous pursuit. But for now, on January 6th, it distracts me.  

When this posts on January 25th, I have no idea what the world will be like for me. But if you are reading this, it means I'm not ready to be silly, frivolous. It means the tragedy has deepened or reached its final depths. I don't know. 

but as i sit herre amending this post om Jamuty24th, i am dealing with a reality that i could not have begun to anticipate 2 weeks ago as i am attempting to peck out words on a keyboard with one right hand while my left arm is bound in a cast as it hangs heavily in a sling. Ironically, have some suffering to post sbout in the story oh how i came t break my arm and my deilversancer into the American medical system may provide some small amount of amusement but i'm hardly in the best condition to put this down in words. 

so what happpens next with this blog is less than vertain, when i regain fully use og both hands and can type more effectivelt. having banged out only the last few sentences with just one hand, i can tell you i need to get more healed beofore i can do any largers posts, 

But I didn't want this to be one of those blogs that just sort of sputtered off with no word, no comment, no explanation.  

I do not intend for this post to be a solemn good-bye. I think when I reach the other side of things, and God help me I hope I will, I will want... no, I will need to put down words into sentences that say... as I have said in the past, "some damn thing or another".  

But it is a farewell, a "so long for now" of some indeterminate length. 

Until next time, please remember, more than ever, to be good to one another.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Bidness: Down Time

"Blog bidness"? Uh oh!  It's a blog post about the blog.  That's never good.   I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You wil...