Sunday, January 1, 2017

It's A New Year!! (Yay?)

Hi there! Dave-El here and welcome to a brand new year of funny and insightful posts here at I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You. It's now 2017, a new year for new beginnings and shit like that.

I'm not one for making New Year's resolutions. Resolutions imply a desire to better one's self in some way. And that takes effort. And I am the enemy of effort. Ooh, maybe that could be a resolution! I hereby resolve to make less of an effort in the coming year. 

OK, I admit that's not a very good resolution. I might as well resolve to eat more ice cream or watch more television. 

Maybe I need to surrender control of the New Year's resolution creating to an outside source. Like, for example, as provided in this graphic I borrowed from Twitter.




All righty then! Let's give this a try. With a little help from my wife Andrea who is going to pick four times a number from 1 to 7. 


Chart from the internet that I did take
Tell me the resolution I should make!

OK, Andrea's giving me the numbers. (She is not looking at this chart while she does this.) 

5
3
6

2

And my New's Year resolution is....

Quit using the term "derivative"after rodeos.

Well, that's not helpful at all. I'm already doing that! 
________________________________

Besides being the first day of the year, it is also Sunday which around these here parts, I tend to post something Doctor Who related. 

So how about this? 




Pretty clever and well done, Brinatello. And much better than the person Time did pick, in my humble opinion.  

Whatever 2017 holds in store for us, we Whovians can take heart that we have new episodes of Doctor Who coming so there's that. And if the trailer is any indication, it looks an exciting series of adventures as welcome new companion Bill aboard the TARDIS.

Not Doctor Who related but it's BBC so I'll mention it here. Tonight is the long anticipated season premier of Sherlock. I have NO idea what to expect except we might get some awkward bits of Sherlock Holmes facing his greatest challenge yet: babysitting for John and Mary Watson. We can but hope. 

Anyway, I anticipate having a post up about Sherlock's return by Tuesday. 

Tomorrow, I'm off work so I'll be taking it easy, maybe getting some stuff done around house. (But that takes... EFFORT!) so the post tomorrow is a Re-Heated Tweets kind of a thing. But do pop by for a look. It's a post that's funny and insightful a thing that exists.

Until next time, remember to be good to one another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Bidness: Down Time

"Blog bidness"? Uh oh!  It's a blog post about the blog.  That's never good.   I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You wil...