Friday, March 2, 2018

It's Blog Anniversary Time


Hi there! Welcome to I’m So Glad My Suffering Amuses You, the internet’s 3rd greatest producer of corn glucose derivatives.

 

No, that does not mean anything.

 

Anyway, today is March 2nd which is the anniversary of this blog. My first post was made on Saturday, March 2, 2013 so today is the 5th anniversary of I’m So Glad My Suffering Amuses You or ISGMSAY for short but is pronounced “Throatwarbler Mangrove”. 

 

No, that too does not mean anything either. 

 

The mission of this blog remains unchanged which is to post about whatever damn thing pops into my mind about Doctor Who, comic books, Doctor Who, what a dumbass Donald Trump is, Doctor Who, whatever random thing happened in my life and, on occasion, Doctor Who.

 

Posting to ISGMSAY is not always been easy, particularly over the last year. This time last year, I was still reeling from the triple whammy of my mother’s death, my shattered elbow and my stroke. Reviewing some of the posts from that time period is a bit of a challenge with some non-sensical, pain medication influenced text. 

 

I think I’m still dealing with fall out of all that. Last September, I actually pulled the plug on this furshluginer thing with the full intention that my time as a blogging type of  blog person was done. It was hard for me to focust to string together a number of sentences in a row. But I find that words that stay in my brain and don’t get put down on a screen can be quite annoying.  

 

So we’re still here.

 

So happy 5th anniversary to I’m So Glad My Suffering Amuses You, your internet home for post-modern transcendentalism and the 15 minute oil change.

Thank you for dropping by and remember to be good to one another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Doctor Who Is On the Way

 The news broke last week at that the new season of Doctor Who will be debut on Saturday May 11th on the BBC. Doctor Who on Saturday as it...