Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Winter Is Not Done With Us Yet

Hi there! 

A day after the time changed with a "spring forward" since Spring is on the way, I guess, Winter reminded us that he's not done with us yet and dumped some snow and ice around the Fortress of Ineptitude and surrounding environs that encompass the kingdom of Dave-El.   

What we're dealing with here is mostly a nuisance compared to the winter storm crap hitting the northeast United States.  Ken Levine who normally enjoys the warmer climes of southern California was in New York City this weekend and ran smack dab into a nor'easter. Click HERE to read more about his encounter with winter weather. 

And if it seems like, "Gee, it seems like I'm hearing about nor'easters a lot lately", well, you are. Check out this headline: 

So, no, winter is not done with us yet. 

My daughter was home Monday; her school cancelled for the entire day first thing Monday morning before the first flake fell. My wife absconded from work once the snow began to fall. I don't blame her for being cautious after she got stuck around 20 years ago in a snow clogged traffic jam about 2 miles from our house. Anyway, she got off work Monday. 

Me, thanks to the internet and technology, I still get to work at my job here at home in the Fortress of Ineptitude. I know there is an appeal to working from home but home is where my sofa is with the TV. Home is where my bed is, calling me, luring me with a siren call to take a nap. I'm too weak willed to work at home. I prefer to work at work.  

More accurately, I prefer to NOT work at home.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: A NewsRadio Security Briefing

Recently my Tik Tok feed has been sending me clips from the classic 1990's NBC sitcom NewsRadio. I don't know why. I mean, I really ...