Monday, March 5, 2018

Oscar Picks For 2018: The Shape of the Aftermath

So how did things go for my Oscar Picks For 2018? 

Well, not too bad.  Could've been better if I trusted my gut and not second guess myself. 

Just a reminder: Main choices are worth one point; back up choices are worth ½ point. I make picks for 9 categories. The most I can get would be 9 points for a maximum score of 100%. 



Best Actor - Gary Oldman, Darkest Hour

Best Actress - Frances McDormand, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Best Supporting Actor - Sam Rockwell, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri



Best Supporting Actress - Allison Janney, I, Tonya



Best Adapted Screenplay - Call Me By Your Name

Best Animated Feature - Coco



Best Director - Guillermo del Toro, The Shape of Water

So far, so good. I'm 7 for 7 with my main picks. 

BUT......

Best Original Screenplay

I opted forThree Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri as my main pick with Get Out as my back up.  

Get Out won. What makes this particularly frustrating is I had originally had those reversed with Get Out as my main pick. But just before yesterday's post went live, I made another pass over various entertainment sites and in a moment of doubt, I switched them out. 





Best Picture

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri was my main pick while The Shape of Water was my back up. Like I did with Best Original Screenplay, I went back and forth with this one. My gut said go with The Shape of Water but I opted for Three Billboards. 

Since my back ups won, that's only a half point for each, a total of 8 points out of 9 or a score of 89%.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: It's a Beavis & Butthead Renaissance

  This image below has been making the rounds on social media following this past weekend's Saturday Night Live. It's Mikey Day and ...