Thursday, December 19, 2019

Countdown to Christmas 6

Welcome to I’m So Glad My Suffering Amuses You, a dentist blog in a toy making internet.


Ho! Ho! Ho! Welcome to another installment of  COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS!!!!!





Today’s movie is Bad Moms Christmas!

I stumbled across the first Bad Moms movie while channel surfing. What I saw amused me so I stuck around to watch it. 

I stumbled across Bad Moms Christmas while channel surfing. Since the first Bad Moms amused me, I stuck around to watch it. 

I will admit that Bad Moms Christmas was less amusing to me.  A lot of the stresses the moms were feeling in the first movie spoke to my own experiences as a parent. The pressures of Christmas with planning perfect parties and putting up perfect decorations is not something I've contended with.

My home's exterior is decorated in a style best described as "White Trash Mobile Home Chic". Hey, I'm not a total Scrooge. I've got the damn decorations up! If you're looking for a stylish theme, I'm not that interested. 

Another problem with Bad Moms Christmas is a sequence where  Carla (Kathryn Hahn) spends way too much time waxing some male stripper's balls and butthole.

Seriously, it goes on way too long. 

And it's a weird movie when Carla is the responsible one compared to her own mother, Iris (Susan Sarandon).

One plus is the appearance of Christine Baranski as Ruith, the hypercritical mother of Mila Kunis' character. OK, Christine can play this type in her sleep and we've seen her do it on Big Bang Theory but Christine's presence always elevates any proceedings. 

Even one which includes extended testicle waxing. 

Today’s Christmas song is not one you’re likely to hear on the radio or on the department story Muzak.

Today’s song is from a Saturday Night Live sketch featuring Kenan Thompson. 





A lot of the references are a bit dated but I still find this song very funny. 

Naughty or nice, everybody gettin' sumpin'!   

And now it’s DOCTOR WHO CHRISTMAS SPECIAL TIME. Today’s installment looks at  “The Runaway Bride”. 


As I mentioned yesterday Doctor Who Christmas specials are Christmas specials in that they air on Christmas Day.  

In this case, the presence of Christmas as a thing takes a back seat to a woman's wedding run amuck by an alien incursion.

Why is this woman getting married on Christmas Day?

Because the venue is cheaper and all her friends are in town. 

Which may be true but they may have Christmas stuff to do with their own families, right? 

Anyway, despite the very questionable connection to Christmas, "The Runaway Bride" remains one of my most favorite specials.  

And to wrap things up, here is today’s Christmas Comic Book Story!!!!

Since we talked about Bad Moms earlier, let's take a look at a Doom Patrol story about the importance of family.  

And if you're only familiar with the Doom Patrol from the DC Universe streaming series, well, this ain't like that.  













Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! 

"God bless us, every beast"? 

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! 

 Well, that is that for today’s Countdown to Christmas.

The countdown continues tomorrow with another movie, another weird song, more Doctor Who and another comic book story!


Happy holidays and remember to be good to one another.  

________________________

EDITOR'S NOTE: Yes, the House of Representatives voted to impeach Donald Trump yesterday.

And yes, that is crying out for commentary here at I’m So Glad My Suffering Amuses You.

But no, you're not going to get it.

At least not right now.

The editorial and management team of I’m So Glad My Suffering Amuses You (ME!) have decided not to let the escapades of this moron interfere with this blog's efforts to accentuate the positive with our blog posts of Christmas cheer.

Observations about the impeachment here on I’m So Glad My Suffering Amuses You will wait until after Christmas Day.

Thank you, good day and God bless us, every beast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doctor Who Is CLASSIC: Kinda

Today is another installment of my semi regular series of posts, Doctor Who Is CLASSIC !   This is where I post about episodes from the clas...