Saturday, December 7, 2019

Doctor Who: Can We Rely Upon You?


Life in the Doctor Who fandom: feast or famine!


We spend months wondering the desert with nothing for sustenance, then we get a trailer. 

Then another trailer.


And now a clip of a scene from the first episode.


CLICK HERE to look at that.

"Can we rely upon you?"

"Well, let's see, I once lugged this entire bloody planet across the universe after saving it from the bloody Daleks! I saved this planet from being overrun by Cybermen a time or ten! Yeah, I can make time to save again, I suppose." 



We have a rather dark and intense scene with the Doctor being a bit more serious. 


While I loved Jodie Whittaker’s take on the Doctor, she did lean into the quirky more than the serious during Series 11.  


I hope this scene is indicative of her getting to explore the darker side of the Doctor, a person while fighting for justice still can’t quite always be trusted.


The Doctor may look human but the Doctor isn’t. The Doctor is an alien and one that’s over 2,000 years old. I want to see a bit more of that in the Doctor.


But don’t swing too far in that direction. The Doctor, for all the weight of responsibility on her shoulders, is still a bit of a goofball and Jodie plays that so well.


I’m super excited for Series 12 of Doctor Who. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doctor Who Is CLASSIC: Kinda

Today is another installment of my semi regular series of posts, Doctor Who Is CLASSIC !   This is where I post about episodes from the clas...