Saturday, December 28, 2019

It's Hanukkah Time!

Hi there! Since I spent several posts focusing on Christmas, today we will celebrate Hanukkah here at I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You, a small dreidel of a blog in a glowing menorah of an internet. 

For 2019, Hanukkah began on sunset on Sunday, December 22nd and will send this Monday, December 30th.   

Let's start off with a song, my favorite song about Hanukkah. And no, it's NOT that irritating overplayed thing by Adam Sandler. This tune was written and composed by the great Tom Leher. Below is a performance by Mr. Leher himself.  



I'm Spending Hanukkah In Santa Monica! I really gets in your head, doesn't it?  

Next up from DC's 2009 Holiday Special is a Hanukkah themed story starring Superman himself.





The creators of Superman, Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, were both Jewish.  

I think it's time for another musical celebration of Hanukkah! 

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you....

THE GAY MEN'S CHORUS OF LOS ANGELES!!!!!


It really is in your head now, isn't it? 

It's time for another comic book story, this one featuring a little know DC character called Ragman.  




And that's my Hanukkah post. Sometimes Hanukkah is simply looked upon as Jewish Christmas and it is so much more than that. But like Christmas, Hanukkah also represents the ideal of light triumphing over darkness as well as the peace, love and joy of families and friends coming together.  Which is an ideal we can all get behind. 

So Happy Hanukkah! 

And a special shout out to those who celebrate....


"Hanukkah! In Santa Monica! Wearing sandals lighting candles by the sea!"  

It really gets in your head! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Doctor Who Is CLASSIC: Kinda

Today is another installment of my semi regular series of posts, Doctor Who Is CLASSIC !   This is where I post about episodes from the clas...