Monday, December 9, 2019

Random Stuff

While this post will go up on Monday, I am actually writing it early Sunday evening. As I write this, it is about an hour away from Supergirl and episode one of Crisis On Infinite Earths. I will pontificate on that a bit more in Tuesday's TV Touchbase. 

I will try to offer more commentary other than just...

"SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

At least, I hope that will be my reaction! There is SO much riding on this event, I hope it doesn't get crushed under its own weight into an unholy mess. 

I should be more confident. We're talking about the TV Arrowverse and not an actual DC Comics event.

Oooh, burn.

____________________________________

Do you have to flush your toilet 10, 15 times? 

Li'l Donnie Trump went on a rant about toilets on Friday which is appears to be giving voice to frustrations with low flow toilets, issues that plumbing manufacturers actually addressed about 20 years ago. 

If this is still a problem for Trump, the issue is less to do with a low flow toilet but an excessive volume of shit being produced. 
_______________________________________

While Trump still continues to suck air, I am said to hear of the passing of  Caroll Spinney, the puppeteer and actor behind "Sesame Street's" Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch which Spinney created back in 1969.  He was 85 years old. 

I think it's cool that the same guy who brought the very kind and gentle Big Bird to life also gave us the grump curmudgeon Oscar. 

Whenever I saw an interview with Caroll Spinney, I was always struck by how much he seemed like Big Bird. I suppose he must've had his grouchy Oscar moments too. But I believe those moments were exceptions and that Spivey mostly lived a Big Bird life.

We could do so much worse than live a Big Bird kind of life.

____________________________________

Another loss I was shocked and sadden to hear about.  René Auberjonois died this weekend. Auberjonois played the shape shifting Odo on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. I was a big fan of both DS9 and of René's work as Odo but I was aware of his work before Star Trek, mostly from the sitcom Benson. 

For M*A*S*H fans, René Auberjonois was the first onscreen Father Mulcahy in the Robert Altman film. 

He did animation voice work, most notably as the French chef who sings his ode to fish killing "Les Poissons" in 1989's "The Little Mermaid."  

And René Auberjonois was also in everything else. Well, it seemed that way to me. It was just a few days ago, I was channel surfing. I cannot recall for the life of me the movie or show but there was René Auberjonois in a scene and I said to myself, "Man, is he in everything?"  

He's out among the stars of heaven now. Rest in peace, René.   
_____________________________________

Tomorrow the blog thing, the Tuesday TV Touchbase. 

  • The beginning of Crisis On Infinite Earths.
  • A look at last week's Stumptown. 
  • And some comments on Vanna White's hosting debut on Monday's Wheel of Fortune.  


Until next time, remember to be good to one another. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Doctor Who Is CLASSIC: Kinda

Today is another installment of my semi regular series of posts, Doctor Who Is CLASSIC !   This is where I post about episodes from the clas...