Saturday, February 27, 2021

Songs For Saturday: Allison Young

 



Today's Songs For Saturday will spotlight the sultry style of the winsome Allison Young who I recently discovered on You Tube.

Up first is Allison Young with Post-Modern Jukebox and their cover of the ELO classic "Mr. Blue Sky". 


Next up is Allison Young doing it all with a cover of "Sh-Boom" (Life Could Be a Dream)". 


You may recall "Sh-Boom" from the Cars movie. 

Next up is a classic standard from the WWII era called "I Don’t Want To Set The World On Fire".  Robbie Jackson joins Allison for a spoken word bit. 

I first discovered this song in a perfume commercial about 25 years ago.


"I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire" was written in 1938 but was first recorded three years later.  With lyrics that begin "I don't want to set the world on fire/ I just want to start a flame in your heart..." became especially popular after the attack on Pearl Harbor in December 1941.



"I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire" provided the inspiration for Roy Thomas in his WWII super hero book, All Star Squadron#1.

This  Allison Young has no connection to the character of "Allison Young" in the TV series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.   As far as I know.  

Thank you for letting me share some of my favorite music today, Until next time, remember to be good to one another and to always keep the music alive.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: Ncuti Gatwa Explains Doctor Who

Well, we're getting closer now.  Next Friday on Disney+, we're going to get not one but TWO all new episodes of Doctor Who . Your Fr...