Monday, February 1, 2021

Tik Tok

Back on Friday, January 22, 2021, I did a post in my semi-regular series My Digital Pal Who's Fun To Be With about Tiptoe the 175-pound tortoise whose videos I discovered on Tik Tok. 

Which leads to the question, am I on Tik Tok? 

Yes. Yes, I'm on Tik Tok. 


No, I haven't created or posted anything on Tik Tok. 

Yes, I do spend an inordinate amount of time watching what others have created or posted on Tik Tok. 

Minute long videos are perfect for my attention span. 

In addition to Tiptoe the 175-pound tortoise, other animal themed videos that come my way on Tik Tok feature Beave, a young beaver being rehabbed in a person's home and Mommy Farmer, a woman who posts videos of her morning and evening routines with her collection of goats, ducks, chickens, pigs and horses as well as a variety of farm cats and dogs. 

My Tik Tok "for you" feed sends me a lot of videos that assume I am a young lesbian.  

I am not young.

...

...

Or a lesbian. 

Anyway...

About Tik Tok, I want to say...

...

...

...

Oops! Sorry! Lost track of time. Started scrolling on Tik Tok while in the middle of

...

...

...

this sentence. 

So that's a thing that's eating up too much time in my life now.  

As an older white straight male on Tik Tok, one might assume that Tik Tok's days are numbered. 

If you like Tik Tok, I apologize for any role I may have in killing it. 

But maybe Tik Tok is safe as long it still thinks I'm a young lesbian. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Saturday: Star Wars Movies

  Today is May 4th which leads to "May the 4th be with you" which makes this Star Wars Day.  So today's Cinema Saturday will b...