Thursday, April 12, 2018

That Boy Don’t Act Right

Recently, my hometown of Greensboro NC was visited by Gale McCray, a 75-year-old retired postal worker, from Ft. Worth, Texas. McCray is making a tour of the USA with his big sign that reads ‘Trump That Boy Don’t Act Right.’




Gale McCray





“It’s not a good day unless I get at least one middle finger. Usually there are more,” said McCray.

McCray is hardly the model of a political activist  and he insists he has no political agenda.

His mission is right there on the sign: ‘Trump That Boy Don’t Act Right.’

McCray describes Trump as "a flim-flam man. I wouldn’t be doing this if it was any other Republican elected president.”
So McCray made his big sign and after walking the streets of Ft. Worth, TX, a year ago he McCray and his sign hit the road.  

McCray does not hold himself out as some kind of hero speaking truth to power.  How does he see himself?  

“I’m an old man with a sign.”

But to those who see him and his sign, he can be so much more.  

“Young people in small towns who don’t watch left wing or right wing media....they’ve seen Trump. And they say, ‘He’s not right.’ So when they see me, I get a sense it validates what they’re seeing.”

You can follow his journey at Old Man With a Sign on Facebook.


Quotes from Gale McCray and reporting from the Greensboro News & Record












No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Bidness: Out Of Office

OK, technically I am in the office. I working at my work-work computer which is within sight of my personal laptop wherein I compose this bl...