Friday, April 13, 2018

That’s Why I Still Wear Bushes


A few years ago, there was series of commercials for Quizno’s on switching up to sub sandwiches that are toasted, contrasting accepting change and refuting it. One of those ads featured cave people. One of them was dressed in furs who said, “I like change, that’s why I wear clothes.” The other said, “I fear change; that’s why I still wear bushes.”  That cave person was, in fact, wearing a bush. 

 

The Quizno’s across the street from my office is gone now. Actually, it’s been gone for nearly a year but this week, the faded dead neon Quizno’s sign was taken down.  There’s still a poster clinging to the window extolling the virtues of horseradish on a toasted roast beef sub. 

 

In another sense, the what used to be Quizno’s across the street from my office is now no longer across the street from my office.

 

My office at work has moved. I’m now on a lower floor on the other side of the building. It’s a newer office with an elevating desk which is kind of nice.

But it’s a smaller office with a smaller window which is not so nice.

Well, at least I still have a window.

 

I don’t like change. 

 

Just found out today that Geeksboro is moving. Geeksboro is a favorite spot for the family to go hang with other people and watch Doctor Who. The new place will be bigger than the old place and will have much better parking. Parking at the current location is a nightmare.  It sounds like the new Geeksboro will be an improvement.

 

Still…

 

I don’t like change. 

 

I fear change; that’s why I still wear bushes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

My DMV Adventure

First of all, sorry about yesterday's posts. My birthday rarely yields a celebratory feeling from me but one mostly of a deeply depresse...