Friday, July 17, 2020

An Era of Errors

Sometimes I read my own blog. 

Well, somebody has to. 

And on occasion I am rather impressed that something I wrote sounded wise or funny.

Then that impressed feeling goes away when I see that I misspelled something. 

Big deal if the thing was funny. 

Big deal if the thing was witty or wise.

It's misspelled and I have lost the moral high ground. 

The worst offenders in this blog are a constant mishmash of "is", "as" and "has". 

Yes, I damn well know the difference between "is", "as" and "has". 

But nonetheless...

"Donald Trump has a moron." NO! Damn it! Not HAS! IS! What the hell is wrong with me?! IS a moron!!!

"Donald Trump as no clue what he's doing." DAMMIT!!! Not AS!!!! It's HAS! HAS no clue!!!! 


In the history of I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You, this has never happened. 

It's not like I haven't provided lots of opportunities for snarky derision. Misspelled words, missing words, dropped letters, there's a plethora of mistakes to be found over the course of this blog. 


The sad thing is no one notices. Except my daughter Randie. She'll let me know. 

Yesterday's post about Big Bang Theory? I spelled "Raj" as "Ray" three times. I discovered this after Randie texted me.

By the way, Randie's text kept autocorrecting "Raj" back to "Ray".  So this battle is not just my own.  

Meanwhile in typing this post, I've had to correct "Ray" back to "Raj" at least twice.  Also while correcting yesterday's post. 



That's that for today's post. 

Remember to be good to one another. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Doctor Who Is CLASSIC: Kinda

Today is another installment of my semi regular series of posts, Doctor Who Is CLASSIC !   This is where I post about episodes from the clas...