Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Life After Work III - The Search For Work

Hi there! Dave-El here and welcome to I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You with an update on my employment status.

I don't have one. 

Yay, I say unto thee that I remain in that state known as L.A.W.



Life After Work

While I remain for the moment sufficiently financially solvent, I have a bad habit of indulging in my favorite activity. 

Sleep. 





Oh my God but do I love an afternoon nap.

The thing is when I lay down to take a nap in the afternoon, I go to sleep faster, sleep deeper and sleep longer than I do at night. 

Which is why, sufficiently financially solvent or not, I think I need to go back to work doing...something. 

Sleeping all day is no way to live. Or...


Is it? 

OK, Dave-El! Focus!  

I am on Linked In and a variety of job locating services that seem to match me up to jobs either way ABOVE or way BELOW what I can do.  It's like the choices are either CEO or assistant janitorial intern trainee.  

I'm also with a service that provides resources for resume and brand development as well as networking. 

Brand development? What is my "brand"? 

"I AM DAVE-EL! I HAVE THE MEATS!!" 

Next week, I will be attending a virtual job fair. 

Below is a graphic of an example of what part of this virtual job fair will look like. 




LexCorp? I understand the pay and benefits are rather generous but I'm not on board with that whole "anti-Superman" thing. My cousin Kal-El would be hurt if I took a job at LexCorp.  

Kal-El: So, Dave-El, are you back to work? 

Dave-El: Why, er, yes, cousin. I've got a new job. 

Kal-El: Glad to hear it. Where are you working now? 

Dave-El: Well, this might be hard to hear but I'm working at LexCorp. 

Kal-El: LexCorp? Lex Luthor is my arch enemy! How could you work for LexCorp? 

Dave-El: Uh..... er.... that is.... well....  I have the meats?  

In addition to being able to sleep whenever I damn well want in the middle of the day, I think I've just become so accustomed to my current state as described by Bachman–Turner Overdrive in "Takin' Care of Business":

"Look at me I'm self-employed. I love to work at nothing all day."  

OK, that's enough with this blog post for today. I've got to go do some important things, you know. Stuff like... well..



This. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

News of the World: Storms and War and Other Things

Over the weekend, really bad weather hit the mid west United States with tornadoes.  A LOT of tornadoes. And VERY BIG tornadoes.  One really...