Thursday, July 2, 2020

Jane Foster's Journey Into Fantasy

Martin Gray, one of my Twitter buddies, posted these panels from an old Thor comic book from way back in the day. 


I'm not sure who is scripting here, if it's Stan Lee or his brother Larry Leiber but Jane's mind set in these panels read like either guy got their view of what women want from 1940's radio soaps or 1950's sit-coms or TV commercials.  

Jane Foster could win Thor's love if she could get rid of his ring around the collar or that waxy yellow build up on the Rainbow Bridge to Asgard. 

Of course, my perspective is from me sitting here in the year 2020. 

For all I know, Stan or Larry spoke with their respective wives and asked, "Hey, honey? If you were fantasizing about being Thor's wife, what would you want to do for him?"

Maybe these women wanted to answer, "Well, I would rock his Thunder God world is what I would do for him!" 

But being good, upstanding women and not wanting to upset the answer their husbands, they answered, "Well, I might iron his cape. And that hair! Oh that shaggy hair! I would give him a nice haircut and he would feel so much better in the summertime." 

"Sounds good to me," said Stan or Larry and off went the paper in the typewriter and out came a script for the latest adventure of Thor.

Although there may have been one naughty fantasy that snuck by our hapless writer. 

Guys, we need to talk about this panel.


OK, so Jane Foster is (snicker!) ...hold on, I got this! Jane Foster is fantasizing (snort!) about (stop making me laugh!) polishing (giggle) Thor's hammer! 

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!  

No, I'm NOT 12 years old!


But you gotta admit, that's funny!  I mean, Jane Foster wants to polish (giggle!) Thor's hammer!!!!


Oh, you think it's not that funny? 

Well....



Batman gets it!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

News of the World: Storms and War and Other Things

Over the weekend, really bad weather hit the mid west United States with tornadoes.  A LOT of tornadoes. And VERY BIG tornadoes.  One really...