Saturday, July 25, 2020

Songs For Saturday: Alanis Morissette, Madonna and Kelly Chen









Time to put on the ol' Bat Head Phones and listen to some of my favorite songs. 

It's Songs For Saturday.  

First up is a live track from Alanis Morissette with a song that I have described as the best James Bond theme song never to be in a James Bond movie. Here is Alanis Morissette with "Uninvited".  



I am really fascinated by the lyrical structure of this song. 

Like anyone would be
I am flattered by your fascination with me
Like any hot blooded woman
I have simply wanted an object to crave
But you you're not allowed
You're uninvited
An unfortunate slight

And I'm very impressed with the song's slow build of a slow, spare piano melody to a big crescendo crash of a finale.  

Next up is Madonna with an unexpectedly nuanced and deeply entrancing song called "Frozen".  

Even without the accompanying video, "Frozen" paints a sweeping cinematic audioscape.  



A  few weeks ago (June 22, 2020), I did a Songs For Saturday featuring music of Motown including a cover of "Lover's Concerto" by Diana Ross and the Supremes. 

Today I'm posting another version of "Lover's Concerto" performed by Kelly Chen.  

Heads up: this is a very sweet and gentle version of this song. If you're trying to stay awake, maybe this isn't for you.

If you need to seriously relax, this song will help.  

Here is Kelly Chen with "Lover's Concerto".   




After that, I expect you to be seriously chilled out.

Or asleep. 

Hope you've enjoyed today's selection of songs. Until next time, remember to be good to one another and always keep the music alive.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

News of the World: Storms and War and Other Things

Over the weekend, really bad weather hit the mid west United States with tornadoes.  A LOT of tornadoes. And VERY BIG tornadoes.  One really...