Saturday, July 11, 2020

Songs For Saturday: The Rolling Stones, Keith Richards and Sheryl Crow


After last week's Songs For Saturday when I dropped in the Rollings Stones for a country music themed week, I decided this week I would load up some more music from the Stones and some Stones adjacent stuff.

So slap on the Bat-Head Phones and crank up the volume.

One of my favorites tracks from the Rolling Stones is "Start Me Up". For today's post, I have a live cut. The lead up to the actual song is a lot of tension building as the gang gathers back stage for their entrance then...

BOOM!!

Let there be...  FIRE!!!!

Ladies and gentlemen!  The Rolling Stones! 



One of the cool things for me in watching the Rolling Stones perform is Charlie Watts on the drums with that calm, bemused expression on his face.  Charlie is just so cool, man. 

While the image of the Rolling Stones is dominated by the voice and the image of Mike Jagger, once in a while, ace guitarist Keith Richards would set up to to the mike. Perhaps my favorite Keith fronted Stones record is "Happy".  For today's post, I have a live version of this song that pairs up Keith Richards and Sheryl Crow. 




I like to joke that Keith Richards has actually reached the age he's looked like for the last 30 years.  Next up for today's post is one of my favorite songs from Keith's solo career, "Take It So Hard." 




And that is that for today's post. Until next time, remember to e good to one another and to always keep the music alive.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doctor Who Is CLASSIC: Kinda

Today is another installment of my semi regular series of posts, Doctor Who Is CLASSIC !   This is where I post about episodes from the clas...