Monday, August 10, 2020

Wordcrusher Is All That Is Left Of the World

Back on July 20th, I posted about my unhealthy obsession with a word game app called Word Crush.  

Now when I say "my unhealthy obsession", I am not referring to the inordinate amount of time I spend playing this game. Although to be fair, the inordinate amount of time I spend playing this game is by itself sufficient evidence to describe Word Crush as my unhealthy obsession. 

No, the real underscore of "unhealthy" comes from my intensive efforts to win the weekend Word Crush tournament, my raging desire to see my game avatar Master Wyrd Byrd lifted up as the ultimate champion of Word Crush. 

Alas, Master Wyrd Byrd is no more. 

Last week, I upgraded my phone. While my new phone carried over my Word Crush app, it did not carry over my progress as Master Wyrd Byrd. 

With a heart burdened by sadness and regret, I was forced to accept that Master Wyrd Byrd was dead. 

Long live Doctor Wyrd Byrd.  

Yep, I just started the damned thing all over again. 

I reached a sufficient level to qualify to participate in the weekend tournament. 

Doctor Wyrd Byrd did well, holding the #1 spot for awhile. 

Sadly, as I've encountered before, someone with an incomprehensibly more pathetic social outcast life than mine pushed ahead to the top spot, maintaining a lead of a thousand points or more.  

I did have to jockey with a competitor for the 2nd place spot but I am proud to say that in their first weekend of tournament play, Doctor Wyrd Byrd dominated the boards to hold on for the 2nd place position when the Word Crush tourney came to a close.  

Yay to me, I guess?  

Meanwhile, my wife Andrea and daughter Randie have loaded the Word Crush app to their phones to see what the fuss is all about. 

Well, isn't that nice. 

I welcome my kind and loving family to Word Crush and I genuinely hope they find a lot of fun and maybe learn something along the way. 

But if either of them try to defeat me in the weekend Word Crush tournament, I will crush their still beating hearts in my hands!!

Remember to be good to one another.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Sunday: The Man Who Knew Too Much

"A" is for April. And "A" is for Alfred.   As in Alfred Hitchcock. As April draws to a close, Cinema Sunday's Alfred...