Thursday, December 31, 2020

Life After Work: The Rediscovered Country

On this, the last day of the year, I am technically living LAW!!!


Yes, Life After Work! 

I am still unemployed. 

But not for much longer. 

By the end of January 2021, I will be gainfully employed once more. 

I will be going back to the company that let me go back in April. 

No, I'm not holding a grudge. I do not take what happened to me personally and I have nothing to gain if I did.

I will be making less money in this new position with the company but a bit more than this position normally pays. And my seniority with the company will be retained so I will have all the paid time off that comes from 16 years of service. So that's kind of cool. 

While it is the same company, I will be working in a different division so I will have the opportunity to expand my knowledge and skill sets.  

I do not discuss where I work and what specifically I do on this blog. I understand the importance of keeping this blog activity separate from my professional life. Too many people have jeopardized their careers because of stuff they shared on the internet. 

This blog is my forum for telling you that Doctor Who is awesome and Donald Trump sucks which has zero to do with what I do for a living. 

It will be good to once again be able to answer that I do in fact do something for a living instead of being self-employed, working at doing nothing all day.  

I am hoping that having a job once again bodes well for 2021. 

As we move from the struggles of 2020 to the potential of 2021, we are halfway out of the dark. 

Good luck to all. Remember to be good to one another.

And I remain so glad that my suffering amuses you.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Saturday: My Dinner With Andre

Well, it's been a wild ride on Cinema Saturday for the month of April.   We started off with a nuclear submarine on a mission to stop a ...