Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Cold, the Blues and Greetings From THEM!


Dave-El here and welcome to I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You, the blog with a wind chill factor of IT'S TOO DAMN COLD!  

Seriously, I'm trying to remember the last time I've seen single digit temperatures here in central part of North Carolina. 

But damn, it's too cold everywhere. How cold is it? It's so cold, Barack Obama and John Boehner have snuggled up for warmth.

________________________________________

One place in the state where temperatures were up was over in Durham at Duke's Cameron Indoor Stadium where the Blue Devils hosted the UNC Chapel Hill Tarheels in another epic meeting of this long time rivalry.  

Duke's in charge in the 1st half but Carolina takes control in the 2nd. But in the last minute of the game, Duke claws its way to a tie and we're in overtime. 

Arrrrrgghhh! I can't handle the pressure!!

In OT, the lead changes about what, five times? Duke up by one, Carolina up by two, Duke back up by two, Carolina by one!  

Finally it comes down the the last few seconds and...whew!...Duke holds on to a slim margin and wins, 92 - 90.  

 A really great game with neither side giving up. But Duke's got to have a Plan B if Okafor gets hurt again. 

For more info on the game, click here

_______________________________________


Totally apropos of nothing, one of my followers on Twitter posted this. 
























This prompted the following Tweets from yours truly.

 ·  23 hours ago
Them?! He got a greeting card from GIANT MUTATED ANTS?!?!

23 hours ago
Well, I know I haven't gotten any greeting cards from GIANT MUTATED ANTS in years!

If you have no idea why I would equate THEM with GIANT MUTATED ANTS, it might be a bit tricky to explain. You see, there was a movie back in the 1950's called THEM and it was about GIANT MUTATED ANTS. 

OK, not tricky at all. 

Never mind.

______________________________________________

And that's a wrap for today's post. I'll be back with another one tomorrow. Until then, be good to one another and help keep each other warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Bidness: Down Time

"Blog bidness"? Uh oh!  It's a blog post about the blog.  That's never good.   I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You wil...