Saturday, May 7, 2016

Blog Bidness - Planning Ahead


Hi there! Welcome to I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You which is abbreviated as ISGMSAY but pronounced as Throatwarbler Mangrove.

 
I'm Dave-El and when life gives you lemons, make a mega successful album about your cheating bastard husband. Well, that's what I've learned from Beyoncé.
 
Today is Saturday, May 6th which is the most sacred of holy days here at the El family Fortress of Ineptitude, Free Comic Book Day. If all goes according to plan, my daughter Miranda and I will stand in a very long line for several hours to procure our bounty of free comics from the best comic book shop in all the land, Acme Comics. We will then return to the Fortress where our tired and aching bodies will collapse as we wonder why the hell we do this to ourselves every year. 
 
We wouldn't miss it for the world.  
 
We've also got the American release of Captain America: Civil War coming up this weekend and we'll be venturing out to see that as well.
 
As I did with this blog last year, I am setting aside next week as Comic Book Week here on the ol' blog thing.
 
  • Monday will be a post Mother's Day entry on Super Hero Moms.
  • Tuesday will be my recap/review of Captain America: Civil War.
  • Wednesday will be another installment of Oddball Super Heroes. The spotlight will be on a hero who is not really that oddball but is certainly very much in the news. We will look at some of the more oddball adventures of Captain America.
  • Thursday will be my write up on this year's Free Comic Book Day. 
  • Friday brings my focus over to DC Comics and their big Rebirth thingy. This post will ask the question, "Do I give a damn?" Place your bets on what the answer will be.

 
And that will wrap up my Comic Book Theme Week. Next Saturday will mark a return to the real world as ISGMSAY catches up to stuff that happened during the week.  


Tomorrow on the blog is Episode Two of the new Doctor Who fan fiction I'm posting. Tomorrow is also Mother's Day so be sure to express your love and gratitude to the mother in your life or to the test tube that helped to grow you in the lab.


OK, that's that for today. Until next time, remember to be good to one another. And enjoy your free comic books.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Doctor Who Is On the Way

 The news broke last week at that the new season of Doctor Who will be debut on Saturday May 11th on the BBC. Doctor Who on Saturday as it...