Wednesday, May 25, 2016

More Reheated Tweets: Special Comic Book Edition

Hi there! Welcome to I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You, your internet provider of electronic cauliflower. I'm Dave-El and I've gotta very important question: can a bitch get a doughnut?   


Today is Wednesday which is New Comic Book Day in comic shops all across this great nation of ours. Coming out today is DC Universe: Rebirth#1 which kicks off this whole Rebirth reboot/not a reboot thingy. While I'm wondering how much I care about this whole thing, I am studiously trying to avoid all the spoilers that broke out this past weekend when the cone of silence over this book done got broke. I may have to actually make a trip down to Acme Comics and pick this one up today.  

But that's about looking to the future. Let's take a look at comic books from the past in the form of some Reheated Tweets from my account on Twitter which can be found here. 


These Tweets were posted by my followers and includes my response to said Tweets. 


Let's start with  who posts on Twitter the various comic book back issue finds he's made. For example, this issue of Captain Marvel. Here's the cover Aaron posted and my subsequent comment.    



You can tell Captain Marvel was still new at this; he's so green.

______________________________________


Here's a Tweet from hot new comics writer Steve Orlando who scripted the amazing Midnighter series for DC. Steve will be writing the new Supergirl series spinning out of DC Rebirth. This Tweet relates to Steve's plans for this series.



By the way, the illustration above is from a Superman & Batman story in the 1970s from World's Finest Comics written by Denny O'Neil. The art is by that silver age comics grandmaster Murphy Anderson.

______________________________________

The next Tweet is about the Batman TV show from the 1960s.



Apr 28

I finally snagged the Night Nurse digital omnibus from Google Play....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: Easter Explained!

  This Sunday is Easter. And Your Friday Video Link for today is Jim Gaffigan explaining Easter. Sort of.  Don't worry, there's a bu...