Monday, August 8, 2016

The Classic I Know You Are But What Am I Political Strategy

Hi there! Welcome to I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You, a blog that colors within the lines mostly. I'm Dave-El and you should stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself. 

Over the last few weeks, things have not gone too well for Republican presidential candidate and tangerine toddler with a thyroid problem Donald Trump. His campaign has sustained significant damage, mostly from the Donald himself. A continuous sequence of self-inflicted wounds have caused many to question not just Trump's fitness to lead the United States but also his very mental health. 

Donald Trump has responded to these questions about his character and mental stability by launching attacks against Hillary Rodham Clinton that... question her fitness to lead the United States and her mental health.

Donald Trump is taking all the stuff that people are saying about him and turning it around towards Clinton. 

Yes, Trump is employing the classic "I know you are but what am I?" political strategy. Hey, it worked in 2nd grade, why not now?  

Here's what Donald Trump had to say about Hillary Clinton at a campaign rally in Windham, New Hampshire.  

"She is a totally unhinged person. She's unbalanced. And all you have to do is watch her, see her, read about her. She will cause — if she wins, which hopefully she won't — the destruction of our country from within."

“I think the people of this country don’t want somebody that’s going to short-circuit up here (in the head). Not as your president, not as your president."

“Honestly, I don’t think she’s all there."  

If all of that sounds familiar, it's pretty much what people have been saying about Donald Trump for weeks. Trump said Clinton is a "dangerous liar" and hasn't actually accomplished anything. Several times, Trump described Clinton as "unstable and incompetent". All of this pretty much sums up the rhetoric employed against Trump by, well, almost everybody, not just Clinton and Democrats but a bunch of Republicans too. All Trump is doing is turning it around like the low intelligence playground bully he is. 

It all boils down to, "I know you are but what am I?"  

Could Donald Trump get any more childish?  

Well, yes.  

Trump also referred to his Democratic opponent as “Hillary Rotten Clinton,” a play on her maiden name, Rodham.

Stay classy, Donald. Stay classy. 

And you know, I really, really don't know what to make of this particularly puzzling piece of oratory from Trump. 

“I’ve always had a great temperament. And you know, I win. I have a winning temperament. We’re going to win, we’re going to start winning again. But I’ve won. My whole life has been about winning. I win. She can’t win. She’s not a winner. She can’t win.”

God give us strength and have mercy on our souls. We've got 90 more days of this shit to go. 

Tomorrow, I prattle on a bit about the Summer Olympics. Until then, remember to be good to one another.

For the full article on Trump's New Hampshire rally, click here.






No comments:

Post a Comment

My DMV Adventure

First of all, sorry about yesterday's posts. My birthday rarely yields a celebratory feeling from me but one mostly of a deeply depresse...