Wednesday, August 31, 2016

One! Two! Three! FOUR!

Hi there! Dave-El here and welcome to I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You.  I used to celebrate key milestones on this blog. I made a big deal of blog post #100

And blog post #200. 

And blog post #300. 

You get the idea. Anyway, I would-

And blog post #400. 

And blog post #500. 

OK, I don't need to keep doing that. We all know how to count upwards in increments of 100. So let's move on. 

Recently however I have let-

And blog post #600.

Son of a bitch! 

And blog post #700.

STOP THAT! IT'S ANNOYING!

...

...

OK, then. Fine, got that settled. 

As I was saying, I got to a point where I have let-

And blog post #800.

DAMMIT! 

And blog post #900. 

And finally-

Oh thank God! 

Blog post #1000. 

...

Well, I hope you're happy! Just had to get that out of your system, huh? 

Sigh. 

As I was saying, I got to the point after blog post #1000 that I have let milestones go by without comment. 

Like blog post #1100

OH NO! DO NOT START THAT SHIT AGAIN! 

NO! 

...

OK, then. I-

And blog post #1200.

ARRRRGGGHHHH! 

...

My blog. Is trying. To KILL ME! 

Ahem! 

So...

But there was a blog post number that I just could not let go by. And it's this one right here.

Blog post #1234!

Man, I love a good number sequence.  And you just can't beat 1234.  

Seriously, if I'm awake at, say, 12:15 AM, I will not allow myself to go to sleep until the clock comes around to 12:34 AM. I love it when I catch sight of the time at 12:34 PM; it adds an extra spring to my step for the rest of the day. 

If I make a purchase with a total price of $12.34, well, that just makes my whole week!

I once found a frozen turkey that was 12 pounds 34 ounces. Nirvana achieved! 

If I'm behind a car with a licence plate that has a number sequence of 1234, I will honk my horn with delight and pledge to make that car part of my religious faith. 

I think it's a damn shame that December can't have 34 days so we can have a calendar date of 12/34 every year. 

One time I was watching a basketball game and the score was 24 to 68. That in itself is a number sequence of even numbers: two, four, six, eight! Who do we appreciate? 

But I also realized that divisible by 2, that score was 12 to 34. 1234! 

The Lord speaks to us in mysterious ways. 

1234 makes the perfect count for a to-do list.




So anyway, this right here is blog post # 1234 of I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You. 

So...

OK, that's it. 

Thanks for popping by. Another post coming up. Until then, remember to be good to one another. 


...

...

I really don't want to end this post. It's 1234! But I know...

I know...

All good things....must...


<Put hand to my chest>

Just remember, blog post #1234: you will always be precious to me! 

<Shed tear>

Now, go! Fly and be free, blog post #1234! 

<Click publish>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Saturday: Ocean's Eight

Today marks the end of a Cinema Saturday series of posts that began in January.  Today is the 4th post covering the Ocean's trilogy. The...