Saturday, November 22, 2014

Did Obamacare Kill Archie Andrews?

Hi! The following post was inspired by a recent unfortunate juxtaposition of the covers to a pair of Archie releases over on Comic Book Resources. 

So this is their fault if it's not funny.

_________________________________________________

Something’s wrong with Archie?






































Oh, looks a like broken arm. 

Oh, that’s not too bad. Just a few weeks in that cast and Archie will be as good as… 








































….uh oh.
 
OK, it was worse than I thought.
 

 













How is it that a young man with a simple broken arm finds his life ending in pain and tragedy?
 
Obamacare, that’s why!
 
Thanks to Obamacare, innocent young men with minor injuries such as a scratch or a scrape or a broken arm will wind up dead like poor Archie Andrews unless Obamacare is repealed.
 
So support me and my fellow Republicans as we work to stop this terrible affront to American values. We must stop Obamacare!
 
Because Archie Andrews need not have died of a broken arm.
 
Because Archie Andrews deserved to live.
 
Thank you.
 
Next up on C-SPAN: Sen. Al Franken attempts to explain to Ted Cruz the concept comic books and how broken bones don't cause bullet wounds and many other things before losing the will to live.
__________________________________________________________

Yes, the two covers referenced above were within inches of each on Comic Book Resources, putting the hopeful "Get Well Soon" sentiment of one Archie comic next to the dark grey surrounding Archie as he dies of a gun shot wound. 

Well, it could've been worse.





































Yeah, much, much worse. 

I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry.  
__________________________________________________________

Tomorrow on the blog, Doctor Who Weekend presents Episode 1 of a new fan fiction, The Son of the Master

Until then, be good to one another. 

Dave-El
I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: A NewsRadio Security Briefing

Recently my Tik Tok feed has been sending me clips from the classic 1990's NBC sitcom NewsRadio. I don't know why. I mean, I really ...