Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Barackalypse!


A couple of days ago, I posted this write up on former Arkansas Governor, former Presidential candidate, former Fox News host and, apparently, former human being Mike Huckabee.  His words of advice to America's young people? If you're thinking about serving your country by joining the military, wait a couple of years when Obama's no longer President. Apparently Barack "Hussein In the Membrane" Obama is personally creating a hostile work environment for Christians in our armed forces. Apparently he just shows up out of nowhere like some kind of Satanic ninja and just bitch slaps Bibles out of the hands of God fearing people in the military. 

Of course what Huckabee and others of his ilk are really bothered by is that they don't have the religion market all sewn up like they used to. 

The thing is, if you're about to march off into a war zone where you may or may not have your brains blown out by a machine gun or a grenade, if the chaplain prays that Jesus is with you, if you're PFC Solomon Goldstein, you might have a problem with that. A chaplain is there to administer to the whole of those who serve, not just to the ones who happen to share their exact faith. And there has been a cognizant effort to be more aware of that, an effort that has been ongoing for many years before Obama came around. 

But as I've noted on several other occasions, there's just too much money and notoriety to be gained from right wing idiots who are too ready to lay any transgression on President Obama, be it real, exaggerated or completely fabricated. 

Including, it seems, the Apocalypse. 

Yep, the Apocalypse is coming and you can thank Obama for it. 

Click this headline: "Michele Bachmann: The Rapture Is Coming And It's Obama's Fault

Sometimes I feel sorry for the folks over at The Onion with their mission of writing absurdest news when real life keeps providing them with serious competition.  I first read this story and I thought I had linked to something on The Onion but no, it's for real.  

Michele Bachmann says the Rapture is coming, thanks to President Barack Obama’s policies on Iran’s nuclear program and marriage equality.

Although I am a Christian (at least while my current membership is paid up), I've tended to stay clear of the Book of Revelations for much the same reason I haven't watched the Doctor Who episode The Waters of Mars more than once. It's kind of creepy. 

But the big deal behind the Rapture is that all the good Christian boys and girls get zapped up to Heaven like a Star Trek transporter or something. So why are self-righteous Christians so scared of it? Maybe they realize the fractured foundation of their self-righteousness is not as solid as they let on.   

But Michelle Bachmann has put us on notice. If the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (Death, Disease, Famine and Phil) come riding over the horizon, you can blame Obama for that. Because, well, you know, Obama.  

We can call it a Barackalypse!

Hey, everyone, be good to one another, okay? 

See ya back here tomorrow. 

Dave-El

I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: A NewsRadio Security Briefing

Recently my Tik Tok feed has been sending me clips from the classic 1990's NBC sitcom NewsRadio. I don't know why. I mean, I really ...