Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Selena Gomez Is FAT!

OK, no she's not. 

At least, I don't think so and, if I may be so bold, most people wouldn't think Selena Gomez is fat.  

So get a load of this photo. 





















There are people who look at this photo and don't see a Disney TV and movie star, singer and Justin Bieber relationship refugee.

Instead, they see a cow. 

In case you're confused, here's a picture of a cow. 





Here's the thing: being overweight is a real problem in America. God knows I have that problem. Either that or I'm pregnant with twins. Yet small minded trolls who try to fat-shame Selena Gomez of all people, that's just wrong on so many levels. 

It trivializes the real struggles that people have with real weight issues. Maybe you're carrying enough weight that if somebody unzipped you, Selena Gomez could step out. If Selena can be described as "fat", you might as well just give up because if she's fat, what hope is there for any of us? 

It puts false pressure on people, especially young women, who maybe at worse could lose a couple of pounds to obtain a body image that is virtually impossible to attain or maintain. 

So Selena Gomez is NOT fat. One could argue that maybe she could be in better shape but that's a subjective point. Trust me, Justin Bieber is not looking at this picture of Selena thinking, "Whew! I dodged a bullet with that fatty! I'm so glad we broke up." No, he's clutching his tablet to his chest, weeping bitter tears that he can no longer tap that. 

Meanwhile, what really matters is what Selena thinks. And what does she think? Let's go to the caption she added to her photo on Instagram: 

"I love being happy with me yall #theresmoretolove 😂,"

And good for her! 

And in case you're wondering, "Gee, what does Dave-El really look like? Does he need to lose weight as much as he says?" 

Well, you decide. 















And I'm so glad my suffering amuses you. 

Dave-El 

No comments:

Post a Comment

An April 24th Birthday Post

I was born on April 24, 1963 which makes me 61 years old today. But I am not quite frankly that interesting and I'm not exactly where I ...