Monday, May 4, 2015

Hey Kids! Comics!

Today is Monday, May 4th and....

Do I really have to do this? 

Sigh! Fine! 

*Ahem!*

"May the 4th be with you." 

(Geez, the things I have to do around here.) 

Anyway...

It's been a rather busy weekend away from the Long Family Fortress of Ineptitude

Sunday the El Family ventured forth from the Fortress to see Avengers: Age of Ultron. And it ROCKED! Out LOUD! I'll post a review of that tomorrow although I'm not sure what I'm going to say other than "It was awesome!" over and over about 500 times! 

Before that, Free Comic Book Day was this past Saturday and my daughter and I made our annual pilgrimage to Greensboro NC's own Acme Comics where we spent three hours in line. The weird thing about FCBD is that if it's successful, there's going to be a long line and yet few people complain. At least not around me. It's almost a party. I wrote something on this subject last year but I will do a new post on this year's FCBD on Wednesday. 

In addition to getting my FREE comics, I also got the ones I pay for, including Batman#40 which blew my freakin' mind.  

And you know what? I think I have a theme for these week's posts. It's going to be COMIC BOOK WEEK here at I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You. So here's the line up. 

Tuesday: A review of Avengers: Age of Ultron
Wednesday: A look back at Free Comic Day 2015
Thursday: A review of Batman#40
Friday: A review of Multiversity#2 
Saturday: What do I want from a Shazam comic?
Sunday: Doctor Who in comic book form

If anything else turns up during the week that "requires" the attention of this blog, I will post that in addition to the comic book stuff. 

So that's it for today's post. I anticipate a Monday times two today so I need to go deal with stuff. I'll see you back here tomorrow and until then, be good to one another. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Saturday: Ocean's Eight

Today marks the end of a Cinema Saturday series of posts that began in January.  Today is the 4th post covering the Ocean's trilogy. The...