Saturday, May 2, 2015

South Dakota: Just Like North Dakota But To the South

This post is for Saturday, May 2nd which is more importantly FREE COMIC BOOK DAY! Which means that even as my handy-dandy blog thing uploads this post, my daughter and I are in line at the best comic book shop in the world, ACME COMICS! 

So I'm going to take this moment to revisit a couple of previous blog posts. 

A few weeks ago, I made some random joke at the expense of South Dakota. A fine resident of that amazing state, Alex Suther, took offense and countered my argument on the basis that I only had 25 followers.   

So let's take a look at the tote board and see how things are looking over on Twitter. 










Yeah! 55 followers, baby! That is an increase of 54.4% in followers which correspondingly reflects an 54.4% increase in the validity of my opinions and comments.*

*By the way, if you want to help get that number higher and strengthening both validity of my opinions as well my self worth as a person, click here to get to my Twitter feed

Comparing myself to Alex Suther.....














It appears his opinions are approximately 75% more valid than mine. (Also, that's a damn fine fish you've got there!) But that's okay. I know I've got a long way to before I can truly throw off the weight of your disdain but I'm getting there and you'll be proud of me, Alex! You really will! 

But if you took issue with my comment about South Dakota (and as well you should! You be proud of your state, Alex), then I must warn you....oh, I kind of feel bad about this but this guy and his national TV show had a few things to say about your state. 

John Oliver - South Dakota

OK, so there were some things said in that piece that may have upset you. I understand that, Alex. Really, I do. But the problem is this: 




At 400,000+ followers, I believe by your reckoning, the opinion of John Oliver and Last Week Tonight is 99.9995% more valid than yours.  

Sorry to break it to you, Alex. Don't let this bring you down, OK? You're better than that, Alex! You are better than that! 

Take a road trip to Montana, go punch some goat fuckers. It'll make you feel better. 

Benedict Cumberbatch Is Not In This Blog Post
I recently posted a diatribe against spring and, for good measure, summer because it precludes me from wearing my long black winter coat, what I like to call my Sherlock coat and what you might call my hobo coat. So I posted a picture of Benedict Cumberbatch, the star of Sherlock, to give an idea of what I think my coat looks like and demonstrate the depths of my self-delusion. 

Anyway, judging from the stats on my blog, that post is far and away one of the most accessed posts on this blog ever. Now part of that blog was also about taxes and for all I know, my astonishing insights on that enticing subject probably drove a lot of traffic for that post. There is no way it was simply because I posted a photo of Benedict Cumberbatch


I, er, posted it again in case the link to the previous post has gone down or something.  
____________________________________

Coming up tomorrow is Episode Five of my Doctor Who story, The Crucible of Eternity.  

Until next time, be good to one another. 

Dave-El
I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: It's a Beavis & Butthead Renaissance

  This image below has been making the rounds on social media following this past weekend's Saturday Night Live. It's Mikey Day and ...