Thursday, May 14, 2015

Yay For Me!


I was looking through my Tweets (and if you want to follow me on Twitter, click here) searching for things to write about. I found a few I posted under this trending hashtag
 

So let's see where this road takes us.


bravery in the face of absolutely no danger whatsoever

  • It's not that often that we get a chance to truly be brave, to stand up firmly against all odds to face down a threat or a peril. Most of us will lead our lives in relative peace and comfort without staring down the barrel of a gun or pulling out of the burning wreckage of a horrible accident. As its been said by wiser minds than mine, being braving isn't about not being scared; it's about being scared but doing the right thing anyway.   


my ninja skills. Not that you would ever pin that medal on me because....NINJA!

  • It's spring time and rabbits are multiplying like...well, you know. Around our suburban neighborhood, it's really not that big of a deal to see a rabbit and, apparently, humans are not a big deal to rabbits. I've been out and about in my front yard while a rabbit sits there in the middle of the lawn, chewing on my grass. The rabbit doesn't care, sitting there bogarting my own grass in front of me. 

  • By the way, I like to look for ninja rabbits. More accurately, I like tormenting my daughter Miranda with looking for ninja rabbits. 

Me: Look! Over there!  A ninja rabbit! 
Miranda: What? There's nothing over there!
Me: That's what they want you to think!
Miranda: Who wants us to think...?
Me: The ninja rabbits! 
Miranda: You don't see a rabbit over there! 
Me: Precisely! 
Miranda: What?
Me: If it wasn't a ninja rabbit, you would see it! 
Miranda: But if you can't see it, how do you know it's there?
Me: How do you know a ninja rabbit isn't there?
Miranda: But...but...
Me: Such is the power of the ninja rabbit. 
  • Apparently, I have this plan where I'm going to have my daughter put me in a home in the next year or two. Well, why wait? Besides, I like pudding.  


an Olympic sport! Really, I could! Er, is Extreme Napping an Olympic sport?

  • I drop out like a log on either Saturday or Sunday afternoon. I mean, out like a light sleepy time. I'm not sure what's up with that. But it puts me in good form for Olympic level Extreme Napping!


  • Sleeping is a weird thing for me. Weekday mornings my alarm goes off at 6:00 AM. I hit the snooze button about a half dozen times before I rise up out of bed at around 7:00 AM. And if I had half a chance, I would fall back into bed again and go straight to sleep. 


  • On Saturday and Sunday mornings, I wake up at 6:00 AM without benefit of the alarm. And I mean completely awake! Ready to take on the world awake. But I get over that by the time the afternoon naps rolls around. 


feeding the homeless. To that weird alien octopus thing, yes but still...
  • Speaking of sleeping, I was having a recurring dream a few weeks back that I was an older man and I was homeless. The weird thing was that it was a nice dream, not the nightmare you might envision. I had a nice box to sleep in and I had a trusty dog named Hartley. (Not sure why the dog was named Hartley.) I'm not saying that being homeless would be an ideal state; it isn't. But it's a bit telling that my idea of peace and contentment is a box and a dog.  

___________________________________

And that was really strange. Thanks for stopping by and giving this blog a read. I'll be back tomorrow with another thing. In the meantime, be good to one another.

Dave-El
I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday TV Touchbase: Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV

Andrea and I finished up the documentary series Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV   .  The 5 episode series chronicles the lives of chi...