Nobel Prize winner Tim Hunt gave a speech last week (Tuesday) at the World Conference of Science Journalists in South Korea where he said the following regarding the problem with women in science:
"You fall in love with them, they fall in love with you, and when you criticize them, they cry."
- His position with the European Research Council science committee
- His role at the Royal Society
- His honorary post at University College London
- There are no reports of Tim Hunt treating women poorly.
- There are no reports of Tim Hunt discriminating against women.
- There have been no indications of sexist behavior.
- Women have described interactions with Tim Hunt as positive.
- Tim Hunt has been described as being supportive of women in the sciences.