Friday, February 26, 2016

FLAMINGO!

Hi there! I'm Dave-El, a famous blogger and it must be true because I just wrote that I'm a famous blogger and I wouldn't write that I'm a famous blogger unless I am a famous blogger. And this is my famous blog, I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You

But first....

FLAMINGO!!!!






























Today's post is brought to you by Flint MI Gurgling Spring Water, a refreshing drink infused with minerals and metals and it comes in a rainbow of different colors. That's Flint MI Gurgling Spring Water: taste the lead, feel the love. 

(Yes, I'm several weeks behind the curve with the water crisis in Flint, Michigan. But I never let a good joke go to waste. Or, in this case, a bad one.)  

If all has gone as I hope, as this post goes live on Friday, I will be at work for the 5th damn day in a row! Oh hell yeah! As long time readers of this blog know, I spent the better part of 4 weeks cooped up here in the Fortress of Ineptitude with an illness of ever increasing intensity before culminating with pneumonia. The pneumonia failed to kill me but has sworn vengeance against me and my little dog too. 

(But I don't have a little dog...)  

And now.....

FLAMINGO!!!!




















Yesterday, I posted another one of those damn Ted Cruz Is a Lying Fuck Bastard posts. I know, I know, you're getting tired of them. I'm getting tired of them! But Ted lies SO much and I'm not the only one concerned about this. 











That was in response to last night's GOP debate where NOBODY came off looking like less than an embarrassment. Wait, did Ben Carson actually ask for someone to attack him? Does this replace Jeb Bush's "Please clap" as most pathetic thing ever in this race? 

Anyway, Ted Cruz was up there with his smug, sanctimonious face still spouting his usual platitudes about how awful Obamacare is. It was disappointing that no one asked him about the Flint MI water crisis. (Hey, that comes around again!) Seems there's a bill in the Senate to provide emergency aid to the people of Flint. Guess who's holding it up from a vote? Go on, guess! 

So I'm determined to bang this drum until Ted Cruz is no longer running for President. Granted, he'll still be a Senator from Texas which I'm sure will yield more opportunities for Ted Baby to lie some more but once he's not running for Prez, I'll give these posts a rest.  

With these posts, I link to actual news stories to back up the accounts of Ted's various deceptions and truth mangling. Yesterday, I deviated a bit by linking to a story on The Onion, the satirical news site. Yes, I know Ted Cruz campaign signs are not REALLY killing plant life, OK? (But it SEEMS like it would be true, doesn't it?) 

On the subject of the Onion and in an effort to fill some space in today's post, I want to link to this feature* which I dare say is the one of the funniest things I've ever read. I highly recommend it. 

*Blogger's note, 02/27/2016: the link works now.

Unless you're fighting an upper respiratory infection of some kind. Wait until you can breathe a bit more easily.  (Seriously, it's that funny.)  

Wait!


I think someone said....


FLAMINGO!!!!























The Oscars are this weekend and Sunday's post will present my picks for who will win what in 9 crucial categories. This selection process is made more impressive in that I've seen only 1 nominated film. 

No Doctor Who post this weekend but I'll be back the week after that. Given the long lull with no new episodes this year except for the Christmas special, I'm thinking of posting some fan fiction. (Which, I understand, may be construed as a threat.)  More on that as I work out the details.   

So I think I've spun my wheels here enough for today. Hope your Friday goes well. I'll be back with another post tomorrow. Until then, remember to be good to one another.  

But before we go....

FLAMINGO!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Bidness: Down Time

"Blog bidness"? Uh oh!  It's a blog post about the blog.  That's never good.   I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You wil...