Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Ted Cruz Is a Lying Fuck Bastard - Part 3

Blog Bidness
As I referenced in yesterday's post, I currently have pneumonia which is either what I had all along or what I had has now become. Whatever the case, it's really messing with my head and making it hard to be creative. So I'm STILL working on the Super Bowl post.  

To fill the space, I'm moving this week's edition of TED CRUZ IS A LYING FUCK BASTARD from Friday to now. 

Enjoy!

______________________________

Hello, dear reader. I am Dave-El and I humbly welcome you to my blog, I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You. 

Today is another entry in a series of posts that will examine the statements of one of the candidates for US President, taking a measured and scholarly examination of this particular individual's expressions in speeches, debates and comments to the media and looking deep into the meanings of words and the very concepts of truth itself. I call this series of posts...





If I may, let us go forth. 

Let's start off with one of Ted's older lies where he 
misrepresented an academic study when he claimed that the “overwhelming majority of violent criminals are Democrats.” (Click highlighted link for more on this story.)  

The claim is based on research that found a majority of ex-felons in three states registered as Democrats. But that was a study of all ex-felons, not just violent criminals, as Cruz framed it. 

Also, a follow-up study of three additional states by the same authors found the majority of ex-felons in those states were neither Republican nor Democrat.

Another study estimated ex-felons are more likely to vote Democratic than Republican, but the authors caution that that doesn’t mean criminality is associated with partisanship. Rather, it is a reflection that those in the criminal justice system are more likely to be black, Latino or poor whites.

Here's a distortion of the truth by Sen. Cruz of a more recent vintage while attacking Sen. Marco Rubio’s stance on immigration on January 31st, 2016.  

"On the question of amnesty, it is a fact that right now, Marco Rubio advocates amnesty for 12 million people here illegally. He advocates legalization and citizenship for everyone here illegally. He even advocates amnesty for criminals who are here illegally. it is also a fact that Marco has said when he went on Spanish television with Jorge Ramos that he would not revoke President Obama’s illegal executive amnesty on the first day in office. He said you can’t do that overnight. That’s going to take time. If I’m elected president, I will rescind every single one of President Obama’s illegal executive orders on day one."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Bidness: Down Time

"Blog bidness"? Uh oh!  It's a blog post about the blog.  That's never good.   I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You wil...