Thursday, January 18, 2018

Snowed In? Get Out!

Hi there!

Maybe by the time this posts, there will be a little less snow and ice surrounding the Fortress of Ineptitude here in central North Carolina. When I woke Thursday morning, the snow had finally stopped falling but the temperature was in the single digits.  

I worked from home Wednesday and did so for part of the day Thursday. Thanks to modern technology, snow and ice don't get me out of nothing.  

My wife Andrea is not so connected so a day in due to snow and ice is a day off from work. Likewise for my daughter Randie, a snow day from school is a day off from school.  

As always when I'm snowed in, I crave that which I do not have, even if what I don't have is not all that good. My biggest craving  during a snow day is for a quarter pounder with cheese from McDonald's. Really! 


We dug out our cars and Randie and I made a little trip around the neighborhood. Sides streets were covered with thick snow and ice while the main road near to our house was clearing but still messy with icy patches. Still it was a clear shot to our local McDonald's where they were having a BOGO special on quarter pounders. What luck!


After lunch, realizing I had more of the Fortress of Ineptitude than I could stand and that escape was in fact actually possible, I decided to flee to my office to work from work instead of work from home. 


I'm not big for working from home. You know what's at home? My bed for a nap! My TV! Stacks of comic books! I'm easily distracted. Did I mention my bed for a nap?  God but I love a good nap. 


It's even harder to work from home when 2 other people are also at home who are not working from home. They are just home.


Not a lot of people made the trek to work. I think there may have been three other people on my floor.  Probably for the same reason: sometimes, home has to be for home and work is where we work.


When you're snowed in, that's when you have to make a break to get out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: It's a Beavis & Butthead Renaissance

  This image below has been making the rounds on social media following this past weekend's Saturday Night Live. It's Mikey Day and ...