Monday, June 22, 2020

Father's Day Twice

It was a normal Sunday like any other except I received a card telling me I'm a wonderful father with a gift card enclosed. And my wife paid for dinner which was delivered from one of my favorite restaurants to our home here at Fortress of Ineptitude. 

It was a nice Father's Day on that particular Sunday.  

This particular Sunday was over a week ago, June 14th. 

You may check your calendar and confirm that yes, Father's Day was yesterday, Sunday, June 21st.  

So what was going on that I was getting a card, a gift and a meal for Father's Day the week before? 

My wife Andrea arrived at the conclusion that June 14th was Father's Day as the occasion usually lines up with the birthday of one of her late, beloved uncles.  

My daughter Randie wasn't really paying attention to the calendar (as she is prone to do) so she went along with it.

I quite frankly don't care that much about Father's Day beyond the potential of getting fed without having to cook it or pay for it.  So I wasn't paying attention. 

So we celebrated Father's Day on June 14th. 

Then I noticed something odd.

In the days after June 14th, we were getting emails from various restaurants offering specials and deals for Father's Day. Why were we getting offers from restaurants for Father's Day after Father's Day? 

Some cursory research revealed the truth.  June 14th was NOT Father's Day.  Rather, Father's Day was on June 21st. 

I did NOT receive another card telling me I'm a wonderful father with another gift card enclosed. Andrea did spring for dinner again on Sunday which is OK by me.  

Hey, if I'm getting fed and I didn't have to cook it or pay for it, I'm good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Sunday: The Man Who Knew Too Much

"A" is for April. And "A" is for Alfred.   As in Alfred Hitchcock. As April draws to a close, Cinema Sunday's Alfred...