Thursday, June 25, 2020

Stuck In My Head After All This Time

Yesterday I posted about the latest comics I purchased from my local comics shop, Acme Comics of Greensboro.

Today I want to share a page from a comic book that I bought from there about 35 years ago and how, after all this time, it is still stuck in my head.

The book in question is Ambush Bug#1 by Keith Giffen with dialogue by Robert Loren Fleming and inks by Bob Oskner. 

Ambush Bug was this guy.




He could teleport. He was also a persistent pain in the ass who knew he was in a comic book.  

Because he knew he was in a comic book, he has a phony alien invasion on page 1 of his new solo book to goose sales.


And this is the thing that has stuck with me after all these years.   

I can't go to Acme Comics without referencing this damn page. 

"Well, I'm off to Acme for my loved ones. No, not my family. My co-mick books! Es-pesh-a-lee the good DC wonz!" 

Three and a half damn decades later, I'm still quoting this damn page! 

"Where did I put my loved ones? No, not my family. My co-mick books! Es-pesh-a-lee the good DC wonz!" 

"I'm going to spend some time with my loved ones. No, not my family. My co-mick books! Es-pesh-a-lee the good DC wonz!" 

Yes, I am a sad, pathetic man. 

Just look away.  And leave me alone.  Alone with my loved ones.

No, not my family. 

My co-mick books! Es-pesh-a-lee the good DC wonz!

Dammit!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Sunday: The Man Who Knew Too Much

"A" is for April. And "A" is for Alfred.   As in Alfred Hitchcock. As April draws to a close, Cinema Sunday's Alfred...