Today is Episode Two of a new fan-fiction of Doctor Who featuring the 12th Doctor and Clara.
- This story takes place in Doctor Who before the events of the first episode of Series 9 which debuts September 19th.
- As is my want, I write these adventures as a script instead of in prose form. If that's too weird, try to deal.
- DISCLAIMER: This story is not sanctioned by the producers of Doctor Who and the BBC. It is a work of fan-fiction posted with no compensation received by the writer and is not part of any official Doctor Who canon.
And with that, let's get started....
Scene opens: The Earth of the future. A sleek and very modern looking spaceport with spaceships taking off and landing. The air is filled with sounds of hums of spacecraft and announcements from holographic images. Our focus zooms in on Clara as moves along the gangway with the flow of other people boarding the USS Alaska. An ensign, looking sharp in a clean white uniform approaches Clara.
Clara and the Ensign walk along a bustling corridor.
Clara and Oswin exit the bridge. As they pass through the door, our attention is drawn to a monitor which displays a star field with one flickering red dot. And graphic that reads Anomaly Detected. And the red dot grows brighter.
Scene change: an austere room where the Doctor sits on a bench. He's leaned over a bit and whistling the theme to Duck Tales. A door swishes open and the Monk enters.
The Monk: Hello again, Doctor.
The Doctor: Hello, Monkey.
The Monk has a stern expression on his face.
The Monk: I am...the Monk.
The Doctor rises with a smirk on his face. He approaches the Monk.
The Doctor: Yes, the Monk with a key to that door. Ergo...
The Doctor taps the Monk on his forehead.
The Doctor: Monkey. Sooooooo...
The Doctor sits back down on the bench, smiling at the Monk.
The Doctor stands up.
The Doctor strides to the door.
Architect: Besides, sentencing has yet to be decided.
The Doctor: Oh? What are my options?
Architect: A slow, painful death.
The Doctor: Or...?
Architect: A slower, more painful death.
The Doctor: Well, it's good to have options.
Oswin (eyes wide): Oh, I will never get tired of this. Never!
Cut to Clara. We zoom into her eye. We instantly see a flashback to Name of the Doctor where Clara is falling through the Doctor's time line and splinters into many different versions of herself.
We zoom back out of the eye. Clara looks back at Oswin with a blank expression.
Scene change: Back to chamber of the Shadow Proclamation.
Scene change: The observation lounge of the Starship Alaska. Oswin is still kissing Clara. Oswin’s eyes are closed and she seems to be enjoying this.
Clara: Not ever! Not even a little bit! Na da!
Clara: Nope! No way!
Sound EFX: Alarms sound throughout the ship.
Oswin looks out of the observation window and points at something.
Oswin: Clara! Look!
Flying through the darkness is a Dalek!
The Doctor stands silent, his head bowed. Then he lifts his head and his expression is one of grim resolve.
The Doctor tilts his head.
The Doctor: No, it can't be.
The Doctor: It's...it's impossible!
- Yes, that's Old Amy Pond from The Girl Who Waited. What the heck...?
- Not to mention Oswin Oswald, Junior Entertainment Officer of the Starship Alaska! What is going on?
- Starship Alaska vs. a single Dalek? Too bad...for the starship. But don't worry, Clara and Oswin have a plan. Will it involve more kissing?
- The Doctor's trial comes to an end. Maybe because Amy kills him? For whistling Duck Tales?!
All that and more with next week's Episode Three of...
Prisoners of the Daleks
Until next time, remember to be good to one another and keeping on having Duck Tales.
I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You